How to Install KEPServerEX V5
In this article, you will find instructions on how to install KEPServerEX V5.
1) Download the KEPServerEX V5 installation file from our online Store (under any KEPServerEX product --> in the Downloads tab).
2) Run the installation file (KEPServerEx5_v15.exe). The Setup Wizard will guide you through the whole installation.
3) Read the License Agreement and then click “I accept the terms in the License Agreement” to continue with the installation.
4) Choose the destination folder. By default, KEPServerEX will be installed into the following location: C:/Program Files/Kepware/KEPServerEX 5.
5) Specify the Application Data Folder. The Application Data Folder must be accessible to all users. By default, it will be installed into the following location: C:/ProgramData.
6) Create a shortcut. You can create a shortcut on the desktop for the KEPServerEX Configuration or the Configuration will only be accessible through the Start Menu and the system tray in the bottom right corner of the screen.
7) If you intend to use one of the KEPServerEX Vertical Suites, which offer drivers and plug-ins bundled for one low price, select the requested suite in the drop-down menu. In the next dialog, the suite's components will automatically be preselected for installation. The suites available include Building Automation Suite, EFM Suite, IT and Infrastructure Suite, Manufacturing Suite, Oil and Gas Suite and Power Distribution Suite.
If you want to select individual installation components by yourself, choose the default option None.
8) In the Select Features dialog, expand the component tree and select the requested components:
- Drivers (e.g. Siemens TCP/IP Ethernet and Omron HostLink) and Driver Suites (e.g. Siemens Suite and Allen-Bradley Suite)
- Client interfaces (Apart from OPC standards, these are all available – DDE, OPC .NET, Wonderware SuiteLink and Fast DDE.)
- Plug-ins (Advanced Tags, Alarms and Events, Connection Sharing, DataLogger, EFM Exporter, Media Level Redundancy, Oracle MES/MOC Connector, Security Policies and SNMP Agent)
- The hardware key utility (to register your KEPServerEX using the hardware key)
- OPC Quick Client for checking if read operations by KEPServerEX are being performed correctly
- Examples and documentation
The drop-down menu next to each feature and subfeature offers three options. Select "Will be installed on local hard drive" if you want to install a particular feature or subfeature only. To install a feature and its subfeatures, select "Entire feature will be installed on local hard drive". By selecting "Entire feature will be unavailable" for a particular feature, that feature will not be installed.
9) If any of the features selected for installation have external dependencies, such as software/hardware tools, communication libraries and communication cards, you will be notified of that in the External Dependencies dialog. For more information, refer to the individual feature's help file after installation.
10) Specify whether to enable Dynamic Tag addressing by default and whether to allow anonymous login for UA Client Sessions. Both are default settings but may be changed later.
11) Click Install to start the installation. To modify selections, click Back.
12) Installation status shows in the dialog below.
13) Click Finish to complete the installation.